Sunday 11 September 2011

Faith Renewed

Although remembering 9/11 will always bring back memories of pain, trials and even confusion, today I was able to remember that good prevails. My faith was renewed by two main things today:

1. The Washington Post asked some of the world's most influential world religious leaders what have we learned about religions in the last 10 years and what was the spiritual impact of 9/11. Pres. Monson's response was uplifting, but motivating.

Washington Post


Sadly, it seems that much of that renewal of faith has waned in the years that have followed. Healing has come with time, but so has indifference. 
THIS IS MY FAVORITE...MUST READ!
If there is a spiritual lesson to be learned from our experience of that fateful day, it may be that we owe to God the same faithfulness that He gives to us. We should strive for steadiness, and for a commitment to God that does not ebb and flow with the years or the crises of our lives. It should not require tragedy for us to remember Him, and we should not be compelled to humility before giving Him our faith and trust. We too should be with Him in every season.
2. The Music and the Spoken Word was so heartfelt, patriotic and full of the Spirit. Michael was still taking his nap and was unconscious (basically) when I came in to tell him it was on, so I ended up watching it and crying by myself on our little green couch. (You better watch it next Sunday on KBYU at 8:30 if you missed it)

They sang this song for all the children who would grow up through 9/11 and need to remember that families, like lullabyes, never really die.



My dad and I danced to this song at my wedding. It will always remind me of him and the fact that he always rocked me to sleep to Billy Joel.


I'm grateful that faith can pull us through anything, and that families are forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment