Tuesday 31 January 2012

First Timers

This weekend was a weekend of firsts.

Michael watched The Notebook all the way through for the first time. Sorry, Michael. I just told the world that you actually did view an entire Nicolas Sparks romantic film - and watched me cry through it.

It was the first time I had to run out of sunday school frantically because I couldn't get a workout app on my iPhone to stop screaming out new work outs. Just imagine the sound of a work out video going off in the middle of church - embarrassing.

And... it was the first time I ate Hummingbird Cake. And it was love! I have been dying to try this cake every since I saw it on Pinterest. I still remember the first time I laid eyes on it - "Hummingbird Cake - the number one requested recipe on Southern Living." So, when we were invited to a January birthday celebration, it was time to turn that virtual pin into a reality.

Feast your eyes on the mouth-watering, moist, most delicious cake I've ever made/eaten. And I say feast your eyes because lets face it, unless you want an extra 5 lbs on your tummy, you should look, not touch.

Hummingbird Cake


And that's all that was left. It's safe and sound in the freezer for me to enjoy come Saturday - junk food day.


No comments:

Post a Comment