Sunday 29 January 2012

No Sports for Staley

I wasn't going to post about this blasted game. 
I hate losing more than I love winning, and you guessed it, we lost. Without any help from those dang refs! However, Michael suggested we take a picture above the stadium, and where there is a picture there is a blog post.

My conclusion during the game was it's a good thing I never played competitive sports. Watching all those unnecessary calls on the court, it brought me back to my glory days playing young women's basketball at church. {And when I say glory, I mean the opposite.} I still remember my frequent "unnecessary" fouls.

Mom - "Staley, you can't do that. It's called "reaching," and it's a foul"
Staley - "But then how the heck am I supposed to get the ball!" 

So... I was basically kicked off the YW basketball and volleyball team. They had me sing instead.



Overall, the game was a success because of free seats, great company and Farr's Ice Cream to cure our sorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment