Tuesday 17 January 2012

First two weeks of work, and counting

It has been 14 days since I started working. Whoo! Here's a little part of what I have to show for it.

#1. MY BYU PRIDE! Just today, I got an email that my diploma has been mailed, and in 7-10 business days people, I will post about being a graduate. But up until then, here are all the things I love, sitting sweetly on my cubicle shelf. I am the only one in the whole office with any BYU paraphernalia and I get a little crap for living in Provo, but I can't deny that I bleed blue. White family, I need a picture of you guys in the following blue, yellow, orange color scheme before I can add you. haha jk. I'm working on printing out some more pics, because besides this corner of lovin', Staley's cubicle is very sparse.


And a lot of work goes on in that 4x4x4 box covered in post-it notes. Google is my best friend, and I basically track down journalists everyday. However, one of the other things I do here is my eating. Here's to my second instagram ever (below)! haha sad. But yes, I was so excited to recreate a favorite salad that I craved in London. A little thing about London, they don't know what a real salad is. Zupas doesn't exist there, and dare I say it, but the salads they bring out are lettuce and dressing! What? No delicious croutons, or Feta cheese?? No candied almonds to spruce up those greens? Nope.

Thankfully, one day Jess, Megan, Claire and I ran into an american girl working at our favorite salad joint Whole Foods (they actually make a salad big enough to fill you up - for like $20). We were like "where the heck is a salad that can fill an American up?" She told us to hike on over to this little joint called Chopped, and my friends, I got this salad once and never went back. So when I recreated it for my lunch today, my cubicle transformed into a British getaway - hence, I instagrammed it.



Readers, DO try this at home:

lettuce
chickpeas
red peppers
green peas
quinoa or couscous
secret ingredient - canned salmon 
(my friends all make fun of me, but it's 100% better than that chicken of the sea garbage)
Newman's One Asian Sesame Light Dressing
salt and pepper

NOTE: all my instagram followers, I'm sorry for the repeat of my life. These are the top things going on right now! - don't hate. I'll be looking for some genuinely interesting material for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment