Monday 18 June 2012

Crawfish Boil


Welcome to Payson, UT. There may not be a traffic light in sight, but it is the only city in Utah with a little slice of Louisiana right in the midst of it all! Boudreaux's Bistro is a southern jewel that transforms the eating experience into a Zatarain's commercial mixed with a Princess in the Frog escape. I like to call it "food voodoo," and their food is scruuuump-tious!

The menu includes but is not exclusive to Mr. Crawfish. He's not an oversized shrimp, as I naively assumed. He's a shellfish all his own. And he was just overnighted from Louisiana 24 hours ago! I think he's fitting in just fine over here in the great Mountain West. Well, except for the fact that he was killed quickly after he made the big trek. Anyways, he is oh so tasty! Personally, I could only manage to eat one. Yep, count 'em. I could only crack the head off of one crawfish before I said, "I'm done." I just felt so... bad. I mean, look at that face! Instead, I ate some alligator sausage and shrimp etouffe just fine. Yum!


Hey there party people! Do you spy the Payson High School band in the distance?! haha. I have to admit their snappy jazz music really added to the ambiance.












Did I mention the Probst family (parents and all) were the ones who invited us? So fun. Probsts, you're welcome for the perfect family picture. We'll photoshop your daughter in there somehow. Meaning, you'll have to buy Photoshop for me.



1 comment:

  1. Eek! Look at all those crawfish! I'm proud of you for eating ONE - I'm not sure I'd be able to get past all those antennae...

    ReplyDelete