Friday 9 December 2011

#unicomchristmas

Today was the "student training" (Christmas party) for all of as that work at BYU's University Communications. I haven't blogged much about my job, so allow me to enlighten you.

Almost exactly a year and one month ago Michael Smart, the BYU Media Relations guru and Michael Scott Wanna Be, came to my class to present on how to engage in social media. He also happened to mention that they were starting to accept applications for an internship. I made sure I asked questions during his presentation - some call it brown nosing, I call it smart relationship building. Talked to him in person the next week, and boom! Staley got the best job she's ever had.

So after a year of writing articles like this one and that one that show up on the BYU homepage, I'm sad to say that graduation will prompt me to bid farewell, but there will always be a place for Unicomm in Staley Carter White's heart (that's what they call me. never just Staley White :) They also tease me a lot for eating a baked potato and cottage cheese everyday for lunch. don't know why. That's totally normal, right mommy? I'm normal I swear!

To get to the point - I'm a writer. I should be able to do that - at our Christmas party today we started off with a compliment circle. You pick one person to compliment then that person picks another person... and  it was just good feelings, good vibes all around. And I thought, this is what Christmas is all about - spreading good cheer.

So with that, I hope you all get the chance to make someone's day, to share a compliment or two. It really does wonders to know that someone cares. It's the gift that keeps on giving...









No comments:

Post a Comment