Tuesday 6 December 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree

IMG_2257

Everyone, meet our tree.
Well actually it's Grandma Carters, but we very appreciate her lending it to us.

Trimming the tree is my favorite tradition of the Christmas season! I have so many memories of decorating my favorite tree (well second favorite after tonight) the Carter Family tree. 

Joke of the family was that although we all spent hours together decorating the house, singing along to Christmas CD's and munching on treats, mama Carter would patiently wait until we all settled down for a long winter's nap. Then tip-toe to the living room, look over her kids' mess of a tree, and redo the entire thing. Just kidding, but she's got tree-trimming down to a science. Hope I made you proud, mom.

But this year was my first tree ever as a White, and I am very very pleased with my new favorite tree!

IMG_2242 IMG_2251 IMG_2239 IMG_2252

Things started out a little shaky, literally.

IMG_2233

We could NOT get that tree to stand straight. Michael gave it some TLC and all was well.

IMG_2244

Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment