Monday 12 December 2011

Love Letter

Dearest BYU,

Today was my first, last day of finals week. ever. And I have to say, this week will be a tender one. When I think of my favorite places in the world, the following five spots come to mind:

my home
california
london
my bed
and
byu

It was at BYU where I found myself, some of my greatest friends, my career, and my husband. There aren't too many places that can give you all that. 

For this past semester I have walked your campus everyday, passing buildings, hallways, vending machines, lecture halls, cougar eats and people that I have passed for three and a half years now. BYU will now become a memory lane where I can say...

"That's where I fell asleep in class and woke up with a huge gasp."
"That was the room I was in when I realized 15 minutes into the class that yes, it was the wrong class."
"This is the table that Michael and I studied at for our first semester of dating. fourth floor, south west side."

So this week, BYU, I will continue to show my love and remind you of all the things I'm grateful for.

Go Cougs,

Staley 

Freshman year: my very first finals week. Yes I love/trust all of you enough to share this picture of myself.








No comments:

Post a Comment