Monday 25 July 2011

Summer Sun

I come to work every morning as the average American does, pick up the newspaper in the BYU University Communications office, heat up my oatmeal religiously and begin to email some professors, when I glance at the date and realize. Summer is running away from me!

Make a list of all the things you have accomplished. I usually tell this to my mother, who does a million things a minute but doesn't seem to notice what she's done.   The Perfectionist Patty inside her says she's done squat. Unlike my mom, I'm a competitor. Not with others, but with myself. I race myself to get my homework done, I see how fast I can write an article for work and no matter how many times I resist it, I will always get up and go to bed if Michael counts to three. I'm a trained child that always wants to succeed. Sad.

So here is to my successful summer!

Fourth of July Beach Day! My favorite tradition of the past two years. This year the Whites joined us! Here's little cuz Presley Harris. The girl sings "Billionaire" better than Bruno Mars.
IMG_3663

The Cooks

IMG_3651

IMG_3664

IMG_3634

The Nephews

IMG_3670

IMG_3671

Padres with the Family! I said this previously, but never posted the joy of watching the Padres Play Ball with my fam-bam.

IMG_3583

IMG_3595

I was texting Michael and keeping him updated on my new love, sports. That's an overstatement, but can I just say I watch and comprehend Sports Center? Cause I do.
IMG_3593

IMG_3585

Anneliese can photograph, but I can capture the live magic.


It's been a busy summer of school, work, travel and fun. It's been a little stressful, but it's mostly been a joy to see the family and check some more classes off my list. December Graduation, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment