Sunday 18 May 2014

Spring 2014

Spring has sprung in Salt Lake City, and we couldn't be happier. Utah springs are probably the best around, and this year, they have been full of tender moments and great memories - Michael's birthday, a beautiful Easter Sunday, visits to the park, first steps, the closing of our second year at law school, and my very first real Mother's Day.




The next few posts will take you through them, but just for posterity's sake, here are EmmaJane's best moments:

At 10 months (April 25, 2014) I got a text from the babysitter that EmmaJane has got "standing down." It was so sad to get that while I was at work, but I was still a proud mama. 

She will sit on my lap, suck her thumb while I sing her songs and then all of sudden turn around and blow raspberries on my arm.

She started throwing her head back and laughing. I wonder who she learned that from (guilty!), and she usually does it in Costco so everyone gets a kick out of it. 

Her favorite foods are still blueberries, frozen peas, string cheese and cheerios. Takes after her mama. A girl of habit. BUT, she pretty much will eat everything under the sun.

At the beginning of 11 months she took her first few steps (May 2, 2014) and it was adorable. 

She learned a few more words, except she doesn't say them, she just does them -- kisses (she purses her lips and goes "mmmmm" to give you a kiss), night night (I lay her down for bed and she puts her hand over her mouth to blow me a kiss), popcorn popping on the apricot tree (she puts her hands in the air to act out popcorn popping). Too much cuteness.

She'll walk around just holding your hand. Michael loves this.

Singing! She's started singing to herself and I almost die. If she wakes up in a good mood, she'll lay there just singing to herself and then start laughing. Or in the car. She does it all the time in the car. 

We've been trying to teach her "no." So much so, that Michael uses it usually five times in a row. So after a long day of work, I came home to find out that she had definitely learned the word "no," except her version was "ma, ma, ma, ma, ma" while shaking her finger. (May 16, 2014)


No comments:

Post a Comment