Sunday 18 May 2014

Miguel's Big Surprise

Yes, I surprised the unsurprisable Michael Andrew White on his big day. I consulted with TV expert Cade Carter 15 days prior - that's a lot for this procrastinator - ordered it online, hid it upstairs in our landlord's loft, and then came home from work on his birthday to set it up with my babysitter. GENIUS! pure, genius. Oh, and I thought Michael had a hunch, so I printed off a fake receipt showing that we had tickets to a Dodger game when we were out in CA for fourth of July. He was totally deceived... until we got home and I blew it. He said he was going to go charge his phone before we blew out candles. No! You can't! (I left the TV box in the bedroom. ugh). One look at my face, and he knew. Thankfully, I got in the living room just in time to get a video clip of the surprise.

Plus, it was really sweet to celebrate him just the three of us. We missed our extended family and would have loved to have everyone, but I really liked knowing that we're his closest family now. That sounds funny, but I hope you know what I mean.


 More birthday celebration with Tyler and Megan
These two. 
We love this guy. Happy Birthday, old man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment