Friday 27 April 2012

Alumnhood

Cue: "Pomp and Circumstance"


Do I look different? Oh, I look older and wiser? Well, it's fitting because I am fully graduated now. Duh.

It was such a special experience graduating with this chick by my side. If you don't know the story, Anna and I met freshman year because we both wanted to be Communications majors. So on that glorious day of freshman orientation, we went to the Comms major preview in the De Jong Concert Hall. There we declared "Communications!" as our major (just as Michael Scott declared bankruptcy an Office episode long ago).

Last Friday, we sat in that same concert hall in cap and gown with a fast four years behind us. Anna is off to be a top broadcast journalist somewhere in the big, wide world (aka California we hope!) and I am continuing down the yellow brick, sometimes treacherous road of public relations. So fitting. I'll pitch her the story, she'll produce the story - we're all a happy bunch.

BUT what made graduation that much more special was that our family made the long trek from Utah to celebrate. I loved having a long weekend to spend with them. I even took my first day off work for convocation on Friday!! I'm sorry, but I cannot work when I am supposed to be walking.




Michael wore his new spectacles so he wouldn't look like a dumby who wasn't graduating. Or maybe it was because he wanted to prove to the world that he was a soon-to-be law student. Woo woo! Hot attorney coming right at ya!


Final note, those caps and gowns are not flattering. I wore it just this much side ways and it looks like I have a lazy eye. That thing came off my head very quickly.



No comments:

Post a Comment