Sunday 19 February 2012

A day in the life...

A day in the life of a PR person:

Whenever I tell people I work at a PR firm, I get a lot responses like "so, what do you do in a PR firm?" A lot of times my answer is "we work with the media and help companies get in the news and earn free advertising - because a news article can spread you're company's story like wildfire - and it's earned media done by an unbiased source." Although that is most of what we do, we also help our clients manage events. On Saturday, we managed all the media at the Ten Year Anniversary of the Salt Lake Olympic games. 


A. The Winter Olympics in Salt Lake is close to my heart because I spent countless hours rehearsing as a Child of Light in the Olympic Opening and Closing Ceremonies. Awesome experience.

B. Governor Mitt Romney came and spoke at the exclusive Salt Lake Olympic Committee reunion - and that's where we managed all the press. So I got to hear him speak! Such a cool experience. What a genuinely nice person. He never talked about his campaign or what he himself did for the Olympics - he simply praised the community of Utah for donating time and ingenuity to the Olympic games.

C. Ice skating is my favorite event to watch during the Winter Olympics, and I got to see them live (we also managed the press for the Stars on Ice show afterwards). So fun.


 
Yes, I'm a nerd and had to take a picture in front of this.
Please excuse my ugly flat hair




Gold medalist Sarah Hughes, front and center.



last but not least, me and office buddy Katy Lane Kanealy.
bad picture, great friend.

what a day.




1 comment:

  1. Alright, sign me up for your job, it looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete