Sunday 16 October 2011

Thriller: the show

IMG_2125_2

I've never been all for Halloween. I don't like being scared, I have zero creativity when it comes to costumes and a pagan holiday that celebrates death, curses and black magic isn't really my thing. However, one thing I like is Michael Jackson's Thriller. I'm not just saying that so my post has a little umph. I really love it, and that's probably because in high school Shannon and I watched the music video three thousand times as an attempt to learn the dance. We failed.

BUT, the Odyssey Dance Theater nailed it! This show was awesome. It was more funny than scary, and was filled with everything from river dancers who were shot dead in their tracks to Hip Hop scare crows. 

IMG_2127 

Oh yeah. And the dancers were wandering about scaring people before and after the show. As a graduate of Canyon Crest Academy's Theater Conservater I admit, ah-hem, they were pretty convincing. (Haha. I love name dropping "the academy." I'm really not as cool as the academy makes me sound. I was just the dumb blond in every show... casting directors are so stereotypical these days.)

IMG_2129

Speaking of dancing, David asked me if this brought me back to my days as a dancer. I sadly had to admit that I was no dancer. When Anneliese and I started to take classes, I was like 14 and she was 10. We were in the same classes cause she was so good and I was, well, very mediocre. Mediocrity starts with "me!" - especially when it comes down to dancing.  

I dropped dancing pretty quick and Anneliese, well she turned into this.
IMG_92865x7

I could totally do this too back in the day, the camera man just never timed it right. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment