Tuesday 30 August 2011

The Streets

L.A.
dirty * colorful * delicious

"What did you do for summer vacation?" Well, on one particular morning, I ate Tasty's Donuts, turned down $1,200 a piece plane tickets to Palmyra, and happened to impersonate Christie at the eye doctor when I picked up Ron's contacts for him. 

"Hi, I need to pick up Ron White's contacts."
"Oh ya, your mom came by yesterday and ordered them. She said you guys are going on a trip."
i just can't give up the actress in me and i think, "play along, staley." 
"Oh ya, we're going to New York for a couple of days. There is a lot of history there about our church."
ha. you've got her fooled AND you're spreading the gospel. go you.
"I know. You're dad's my stake president."

booooo staley.

I laugh and say, "oh right! K bye!" and leave asap. 

The day turned out better than it started. We toured L.A.'s fashion and fabric district, where I was too nervous to buy anything.  Any place without a return policy is not my kind of store.

IMG_2016

We moved on to Olvera Street. A lane in L.A. equipped with taquitos, famous avacado sauce, handmade leather loafers, mexican jewelry, candy, knock-off Lakers shirts and the very best people - thanks to Marky and Paul Hatch who obliged to join us.


taquito

IMG_2018


IMG_2026 IMG_2025

IMG_2022

IMG_2023

IMG_2024

Done and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment