Tuesday 2 August 2011

Fraulein Pingree

I completely understand that a blog should include things that people can identify with, political beliefs, DIY crafts, pop culture references, food, instagrams... but believe me when I say you wont regret reading about a spectacular person, and now, missionary.

Today is the day I bid farewell to one of the greatest people I've been able to call "friend." She is leaving on her mission to the Alpine, German speaking mission, which includes Switzerland, Austria, Germany, and Lichtenstein.  Any place that uses a glockenspiel, I believe.

Claire is going to be an amazing missionary for a number of reasons.  I feel inspired to make an acrostic poem (Claire = Cozy, lovely, A little tall...) but I'll spare you.


IMG_0698
She's adventurous.  She travelled across California with me, a driving and direction mess.  Mostly, she's spontaneous and willing to stop the car at any site we feel inspired to see.

IMG_2504
She's picture perfect.

IMG_4069
She's as brave as can be.  Here's when we thought we got a tick in Liverpool.  Claire calmly endured a quick surgery of tweezers and carmax while I writhed in fear on the bed next to her.  Turns out my "tick" was a freckle, people.

IMG_3754
Claire = popular. We always joke around with Claire about how popular she is, but lets face it, when you are kind to everyone there is no way you wont have a million bajillion friends.

IMG_1413
She's a master photographer.  I'm getting this lovely printed for my home very soon.  Can't wait to see all the Alpine pics!

Claire Best Buddies
Oh and Claire's a little bit famous for her generosity.  This picture was a full page spread in the BYU magazine last fall featuring Claire dancing at the Best Buddies Ball.

Ich Liebe Dich, Claire Pingree.  Enjoy my long lost home in Germany and love every minute of your mission.  I'll be missing you and obnoxiously writing you way too many letters.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute, I'm glad I ran onto it! Ok your never going to believe this my cousin McKinley gets home from her mission Friday and served in that very mission! She is going to love it! Let's play soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck to Claire on her mission! loved reading about all your fun memories with her :)

    ReplyDelete